On Tuesday 21st July 2015 we’ll be hosting a cross-institute datathon within the theme of disaster management and response.
We’ve got over 80 participants signed up, and excited to run a full day of Web Science data exploration, analysis, coding, and visualisations.
For more information, about the event, projects, and datasets, take a look at the datathon briefing document below!
We are extremely excited to announce that Nicholas Gruen from Lateral Economics, will be giving the keynote at this years BWOW2015 workshop.
Workshop Date: Monday 29th June 2015 (PM)
- 14:00 – Welcome and Introduction
- Quick recap of the previous Web Observatory Workshops
- 14:15 – Keynote Presentation
- “Data as the public good of the 21st century”. Nicholas Gruen, Lateral Economics.
- 15:00 – Presentation Session
- Ian Brown, Lisa Harris and Wendy Hall. DNA: Towards a method for analyzing Social Machines & Web Observatories.
- Xin Wang, et al.. Building a Web Observatory for South Australian Government: Supporting an Age Friendly Population
- Johanna Walker, Jacqui Taylor and Leslie Carr. From PSI Catalogue to Productive Data: Defining a National Information Infrastructure
- 16:00 – Coffee Break
- Refreshments will be available
- 16:30 – Open Discussion (With special guest Caroline Wilson)
- Current Web Observatory progress
- Getting Web Observatories to go gobal
- Connected network of Web Observatories
- Next steps required
- 17:00 – Wrap up and Close